Friday, July 29, 2011

The Only Day Of The Week That Makes Any Sense

You guessed it, this is Friday. Whoopee! Finally, after a long week of hard work, we get to the only day that makes any sense. It immediately precedes another of the great gifts of the labor movement, the weekend.

It is the easiest day to wake up to early, and the one I always anxiously want to get started, so as to get it over. You see, like most, I really do have a lot of other things I would rather be doing in life than that which I undertake to make a living.

Don't get me wrong, I am proud of the work I do and really don't resent or mind the physical and mental effort required to do it well. Union electricians earn every penny we make, and, thankfully, because we are union, we usually make enough of them for us and our families to get by on.

Regrettably, we just can't say that about most of the folks who work hard nowadays in this supposedly affluent country. And the various reasons we cannot are why I spend time writing this blog. But more on that perhaps later today, after I knock-off for the week from wiring the new East New Orleans Library.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment